Hi everyone! This is a special post revolving around the Mystery Blogger Award. The award spreads the word about other awesome blogs out there.
Thank you to Anita from Discovering Your Happiness for nominating me! Please check out her blog. It’s full of inspiration and motivation, and she posts almost every day. I don’t know how she does it, but it’s worth checking out!
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma. Kudos to Okoto for creating this blog community award!
I will answer a few questions below, originally sent by Discovering Your Happiness. I’ll list some fun facts and nominate other bloggers for the Mystery Blogger Award! There’s also a few rules involved, which I’ve included below.
Mystery Blogger Award
- Feature the award logo/image on your blog post
- List the rules
- Thank the blogger that nominated you
- Tell readers 3 things about yourself
- Answer the questions provided
- Nominate 10-20 bloggers and notify them by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, with one weird/funny question (specify)
- Share and link to your best post(s)
3 Fun Facts About Me
- I’m the go-to person for planning fun, local things with family and friends. They’re in good hands when I plan a day out.
- I love crafting gifts. DIY projects are fun to make and even more fun to give!
- My favorite show is The Office. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, and it makes me laugh until I cry.
Questions & Answers
- What is your favorite quote + why? “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” ~ Maya AngelouI love this quote because it’s so important that we enjoy life and help others around us. We have to do more than wake up every day to work. Humor, style, and passion help us connect with other people.
- If you could give relationship advice, what would it be?
Every relationship requires three key factors to make it work.- Communicate. Reach out to the person. If you can’t get in touch every day, then reach out least once a week. Let the person know you’re thinking about him/her. If you’re not on good terms, then think about how to communicate that.
– Listen. It’s tempting to want to talk, talk, talk. We can learn more about someone and understand situations by giving someone our undivided attention.
– Appreciate. Make the person smile. Be genuine when you give someone a compliment. It could make someone’s day.
- What does your typical weekend look like? A typical weekend involves me waking up early enough to hit the gym, catch up on music, start a blog post, and edit some photos before lunch time. I might go to the library to take creative classes (photo, video, audio), and catch up on a show. I like to be creatively productive.
- Do you believe in horoscopes? Horror-scopes? No, I’m not really into scary movies [ or astrology 🙂 ].
- What does a self care day look like to you?
I sleep in until 9 a.m. Then, I take a walk outside to enjoy the breezy, quiet air. I get a massage at 10 a.m., and then I stay home the rest of the day. I’ll pop in a CD and listen to music on my stereo while I write. Later on, I rest and catch up on The Bold Type, a show that makes me laugh, reminisce on my previous magazine experiences, and makes me feel good after I watch it. I’ll end the day with some ice cream and a Bible reading
Mystery Blogger Award Nominees!
- Kreadiv Misfit
- Travel Taste Click
- Laila’s LittleFinds
- The Fashionable Accountant
- One Grateful Thought
- Kiara Col
- Metanoia Living
Questions For My Nominees
- Where is your favorite place to go to find quiet time?
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- Who is someone from history you’d like to bring back and enjoy a conversation with? I.e. John Lennon
- What song sums up your personality?
- What is something you can’t leave home without?
My Favorite Twentysomething Vision Posts
- Winter Park Food Tour: Fancy Fooding, Here We Come
- Celebrate YOU with You-Ga
- An open letter to Bath & Body Works
Check out the nominated bloggers, and spread the blog love!