We’re in that lovely transition from fall to winter! Not much has changed for us Floridians. We’re still sweating it out while the weather is in the 80’s. Now, we’re reinventing the season by chowing down on some pumpkin spice cookies with butterscotch chips!
You read that right.
I tried a few different recipes in search of pumpkin spice cookies, but they were all missing something…That’s when I added the butterscotch chips, and BAM! That’s the way the cookie crumbled.
I’ve got a little recipe for you to try at home. Your coworkers and family will love you by the time they try your creative pumpkin spice cookies!
Note: This is not a sponsored post. I purchased all materials, and created this project on my own.
However, some of the links below are Target affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. I use and trust these baking products, and I recommend these to you based on my experience.
Pumpkin Spice Cookies with Butterscotch Chips
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 8 min.
Serving Size: 22 – 24 cookies
- 2 bowls: one large, and one medium or small
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Parchment paper
- Cookie pan
- Hand mixer or whisk
- Wash your hands – we’ll definitely be molding the cookies!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on the cookie pan. Fold to fit the pan.
- In the medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg using the hand mixer (set to speed 1) or the whisk. Mix until the dough is white with a powdery consistency.
- Melt half of the butter in the microwave (recommended: 45 seconds).
- In the large bowl, mix one egg, the granulated white sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the flour mix in the large bowl. Mix in between.
- Add one more egg, melted butter, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice as needed. The egg and butter will soften the dough so it doesn’t crumble.
- Mix in the butterscotch chips.
- Scoop cookie dough out of the bowl, and shape the cookies using your hands.
- Place the cookie dough on the parchment paper in the cookie tray. Add more butterscotch chips as needed for flavor.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes. Don’t leave it in for a minute longer, or else the cookies will harden!
- Let cookies cool for 8-10 minutes. I recommend using a cooling grid (i.e. Kohl’s).
- Serve and enjoy!
Try out this recipe, and let me know how your pumpkin spice cookies turn out!